"darren criss is such an attention whore"
translation: stop being so fucking kind to your fans, you’re making my fave look bad.
nope it actually means don’t go to other ppl’s movie premier and sign autographs INSIDE the theater, causing…
The OP doesn’t get why so many people think Darren is an attention whore. It has nothing to do with Darren’s interactions with fans, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Chris (except to the extent where Darren’s behavior has affected Chris).
It has everything to do with going to events and doing whatever you can to be noticed and draw attention to yourself. It’s causing a scene without regards to the impact it has on the even planners, security, others in attendance, or the fans. It has everything to do with the list of some Darren’s behaviors below:
- As a previous person pointed out, Daren attended someone else’s movie premiere and signed autographs INSIDE the theatre, causing a brief delay. He took focus from the actors involved with the movie and put it on himself.
- It’s about turning focus to Starkid at the H2$ stagedoor. Darren caused chaos at the stage door at H2$ by tweeting about a starkid sing along at the without any concern for his castmates in the play (who had to trudge through the crowd to leave the theatre after performing), the police officers/security at the stage door (who had to try to keep order at the stage door), the safety of his fans (crushing into each other to get close, running across the street to try to get closer, or public safety in general (people trying to walk or drive by the theatre). What Darren stans love to think of as Darren being so nice to his fans was really about Darren getting as many fans as he could to attend to stroke his ego and promote something that had nothing to do with the play he was in.
- It’s about walking up behind two reporters at the white house correspondents dinner saying, “I just wanted to say hi” in an attempt to get interviewed when he had never been on their radar (because he wasn’t invited to event—he went as someone else’s guest).
- It’s about attending a Harry Potter movie premiere and jumping up in the air with his starkid buddy to draw attention to himself to get photographed by the papparazzi.
- It’s about making a behind the scenes video where he was asked to speak about a castmate who wrote an episode, and making it all about himself (i.e. pointing at himself when he talked about the Golden Globe winning actor, talking about what would happen if he had written the episode, etc.).
- It’s about acting unprofessional and ignoring the guidelines at the Fox upfronts to take extra time to sign autographs for the fans. While it may have been nice for the fans, it was unprofessional and disrespectful to the event planners who were on a schedule and the dozens of other stars in attendance who did follow the guidelines. It lead to people badmouthing his Glee co-stars for not loving their fans as much as Darren (when the only thing they did was what they were supposed to do and met with fans in the allotted time), and led to others actors not having their time with the fans.
- It’s about being a presenter at the People’s Choice Award nominations announcements, and screaming “Yes. The People have chosen” each time his name announced as nominee (something none of the others did when the were announced).
- It’s about showing up at a red carpet event in a limo and falling out of that limo to ensure that his entrance will make it on television.
- It’s about cutting others down to build yourself up (i.e. implying that your are the only one working hard because you are on tour while your castmates are probably sitting on a beach some where, or downplaying your castmate’s CD coming out before yours because they had an easier process to get it done than you did).
Now, this is just a handful of examples—all of which have either photo or video evidence to back it up. I’m sure that others reading is can share more examples as well.
As for Darren’s behavior with the fans, well, that doesn’t make him attention whore, but it does put his safety at risk in my opinion. He doesn’t have boundaries with has fans, and many of the pictures during his not really sold out sold out tour and the G4 even were inappropriate because many of the involved intimate contact (i.e. .jumping on a fan’s back, holding fans in a tight embrace like you would your significant other, etc.). This inappropriate and close behavior with some fans is the type of behavior that blurs lines between what the fan/celebrity relationship is, and could lead to Darren having stalkers.
Alex and Conner Bailey’s world is about to change… *
Chris on CC360 - July 18, 2014
"The worst thing one person can do to another is to reduce their identity to being only half of something. When someone is treated as half or less than half of one identity, they’re not being treated like a human at all. Everyone should have the right to individuality.”
[The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning, 289-291]
this is the quokka
its the happiest animal ever
its always smiling
even when its asleep
it might be one of the cutest marsupials in the world
i mean look at that face
no matter what may happen the Quokka will always smile c: and so should you because you are beautiful
You will be playing a young Noel Coward
What did you do to prepare for this role?